Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just a touch of what has been keeping us busy...

 *these pictures are out of order but I don't have the patience to try to move them*

Soccer season is in full swing.  Can I just say that I LOVE watching my children play in just about any sport they participate in but my absolute favorite is soccer.
Here is a group pre-game meeting (with Em in white).

Rebecca has moved up to U12 and the games seem to get more and more exciting each year.
I took about 4 different pictures of Becca playing forceful.  She is definitely a competitive player who wants the ball and wants to score.  They won their first game 6-3.
I caught about the last minute or so of Emily's game.  Most of their games are overlapping so Jay and I will take turns watching each game.  I just hope that Jay doesn't have to work any weekends because the family support just isn't there and I don't know what we'll do then. 
Emily has a new coach this season and seems to like him quite well.  She scored the first goal of the game but it wasn't enough because her team was creamed.  We shall see what the rest of the season has in store for the Comets.  I'm looking forward to watching her play hard and have fun this Saturday.
Another activity that the girls are participating in this school year is gymnastics.  They have both taken classes since they were 18 months old but with soccer and basketball, gymnastics has had to take a backseat some.  The girls took summer classes and started with the homeschool classes this week.  Emily's class started today but try as I might, I could not get a good picture of her.  She's starting to get some upper body strength and has taken more interest in it the past month or so.  The picture above is actually from one of the last classes of the summer with her favorite teacher.  I'll try for better pictures next week.

This picture was taken of Rebecca in the homeschool class.  She absolutely loves to climb the rope.


Here is Rebecca with her instructor being used as an example on landing. 

Here's where the pictures are out of order.  This picture was taken on the first day of school.  My sweet baby is in third grade!  She is doing a fabulous job in school.  She is excited and ready to go each and every day and does her work without complaint (except writing).  Her favorite subject is History.  It is the first time that we have done formal history with her.  In the past, I have just tacked on some of whatever Rebecca is learning so she is happy to have her own text book and personal time with me each day doing this subject together. 
This is what is really killing me.  It doesn't hit me hard that Rebecca is doing 6th grade work but when I listen to her friends talk about being in middle school, it starts to bother me that my child would be in middle school if she weren't homeschooled.  Just thinking of the *extra curricular* education I received in middle school, most being on the bus, I am more resolved in our stance on homeschooling.  Many ask if we plan to do this all the way through and more than ever, the resounding answer is YES!
What has really starting to bother me about Rebecca growing up is she is now with the teens at church.  She looks so little sitting between them.  Bec has her first teen activity this week and is looking forward to it.  Me, not so much :(
Oh, by the way, Rebecca is excelling in school, too. We switched up some of her curriculum and it was a good decision on my part.  Of course, I am still changing things up a bit after we started our school year but it is going very well!  Rebecca's favorite subject is Science.  This is one of those subjects that we switched curric. on and again, good decision! 
Rebecca has taken piano lessons for a year now and Emily is not long behind her.  Rebecca is going to play a duet Wed. night in church.  If she is nervous, she isn't showing it.  She has taken to the piano and plays beautifully.  Emily will play in 2 weeks and is very nervous.  Actually I am a little nervous for her too because she is not a child who likes to be in the spotlight.  I know she will do wonderful, though!
Well, this is a look into our world. 

No comments: